Listen to the sentences and the questions. Then choose the best answer from the four options. The aim is to test and reinforce your ability to distinguish the sounds of numbers.
1. A. 25 B. 50 C. 35 D. 15
2. A. 7823145 B. 7812145 C. 7824145 D. 7813145
3. A. 1906 B. 1916 C. 1966 D. 1960
4. A. 5 B. 5.15 C. 5.50 D. 5.05
5. A. a pound of butterB. half a pound of butter
C. one and half pound of butterD. one point two pound of butter
6. A. 72.64 B. 72.16 C. 17.64 D. 17.16
7. A. eight fivepound notes B. ten fivepound notes
C. five tenpound notes D. five fivepound notes
8. A. 14th July B. 14th June C. 4th June D. 4th July
9. A. one week B. two weeks C. three weeks D. four weeks
10. A. A size 38 B. A size 37 C. A size 36 D. A size 35
In this section, you will hear 10 short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After you hear the question, read the following four possible answers and choose the best answer.
1. A. He likes bargaining with others.
B. A good sweater always puts him in good mood.
C. He is very pleased with his purchase.
D. He is proud of the high price of his sweater.
2. A. She was at a loss as to what subject to choose for an assignment.
B. She may not pass the history examination.
C. She is worrying about which topic to choose for her speech.
D. She has been finding the kind of paper she needs but failed.
3. A. He got late for the exam.
B. He was so nervous that he sweated all over.
C. He was in such a hurry that he forgot his sweater outside the room.
D. He has on put his sweater in the wrong way.
4. A. He is unable to appear in court.
B. He has paid too much attention to tennis.
C. He doesnt study diligently.
D. He is as enthusiastic on his study as on tennis.
5. A. She thought it was too sensual.
B. She found it difficult to understand.
C. She didnt make any money from it.
D. She was so moved that she could not go out of it.
6. A. It has been closed for several times.
B. It has been chosen quite often.
C. It has been closed for only twice.
D. It was closed whenever there was a bad weather.
7. A. The man should fill it out on the line.
B. It is too hard for the man to finish it.
C. The man should get in line to ask for help.
D. The man should fit it out methodically.
8. A. He went to the administration at 10 but not in the afternoon.
B. He went to meet an administrator at 10 oclock.
C. He went to his computer class instead of administration building.
D. He went to the administration building to change a class.
9. A. He is too weak to bathe in the sea.
B. They should spend more days at the beach.
C. There is a dangerous hole at the beach.
D. They should save money and not go to the beach.
10. A. She should always stay in the library.
B. She should be quieter.
C. She shouldnt have come back to home in such a time.
D. She shouldnt complain about anything.
Ⅰ. Listen to the following talk, which will be read to you only once，and fill each blank with the exact word you have heard from the passage.
“APEC has1one of the most important economic forums in the region and even in the world.” Tang said, 2that it has provided rare opportunities for dialogue and3of views by leaders of member economies; and for4on frontier issues related to the global and5economy. Tang said APEC has played a6role in the formulation of policy7on many issues as well. Therefore, APEC has made8contributions to maintaining peace and9in the AsiaPacific region and10its economic prosperity and development.
Ⅱ. Listen to the following talk, which will be read to you twice. Fill the blanks with the sentences or phrases you have heard.